|Ponymon Dawn/Dusk (Main Page)|
|Ponymon Lists||About Ponymon||Where Ponymon Go|
Do you do sprites, icons, scripting, audio (cry, background music), creature stats, move stats, or any other aspect of game design? If you feel like helping us in any way, even if it's just play testing the game, we'd appreciate it! This page is where the Ponymon Dawn/Dusk Team places help items or tasks that ANYONE (well... 13 is the legal minimum) can contribute on. Special requirements may be detailed to clarify the task.
<<< NOTE: Please help those conserving bandwidth and Mobile Data by cleaning up the web page code with source editor. In many cases source editing is required for some items listed below. Wiki source editing is quick and easy to learn (see the "How To Tutorials" list below). --BlackOak42 >>>
<<< NOTE: This is a wiki, so by definition it is a place for user contribution. I would like to encourage contributions to this wiki and to the project. You can ask for team status, but may freely contribute suggestions on any aspect of the wiki or game without it. --BlackOak42 >>>
If you have any suggestions, post them HERE.
Current core team members include
If you want core team status, ask a core team member. Participation helps.
How To Tutorials
- How To Make Battle Sprites In GIMP - Battle Sprite starter download and instructions
- How To Make Base Stats - Base stat instructions and examples
- How To Make Game Icons - Icon starter downloads and instructions
- How To Make A Moveset - Moveset information and instructions
- Help:Editing - Will help you get started wiki editing.
- Help:Classic editor and Help:Wikitext - These are good places to start learning to edit wiki pages, blogs, and comments.
MLP FANS NEEDED
- If you love the MLP FiM characters or any particular one(s), PLEASE check out the Ponymon Names. The easiest way to review the latest list of ponymon are the Regional Ponydex, Generation II Ponydex and Generation III Ponydex. Many entry names are final, but all Ponymon entry suggestions will be reviewed even if the entry is complete. PLEASE leave any suggestions HERE.
- If you are a big fan and know the MLP FiM characters, you can easily contribute to this project. I (Blackoak42) have made it easy to do base stats on this game. All that is required is a basic understanding of an MLP FiM character and any means of quantifying its attribute comparisons. Stat submissions are HERE. How to's with examples are above in the "How To Tutorials" section.
- Add related original MLP (G1, etc...) facts to the Trivia section that is on all Ponymon entry pages.
Artwork contributions MUST be your own work, and used with the understanding that anyone might use it. (Graphic artists of ANY level are welcome to contribute to, or learn from helping with, this game. See the "How To Tutorials" section above for help getting started.)
- Please feel free to add artwork (200x200px) to any page missing the "Artwork" in the data box, or just add it to a comment on the page as a suggestion if you do not use source editor. Syntax is image=DescriptiveName.png|. Other picture file types work too (like on N Derpy). Confidence in your abilities may help with this one since it is the most noticeable feature on the page, and may be commented on.
- Several Sprite requests and requirements can be found Sprite Request List along with some sprite specific instructions and info. It is also the place to submit graphics (and related stats and data if submitted together).
Working on how to contribute to this with AuroraMLP.
- Play testing will be needed as soon as updates start again. If you want to test, leave a comment below or on a Team members Talk page (team members listed above).
- Post your playthroughs HERE.
Wiki Community Tasks
(See the "How To Tutorials" section above for help getting started.)
- The Regional Ponydex (Ponymon 0-151) has been edited for the version 0.5 Ponymon entries. Since the Ponymon pages use a data template, source editor is required. The correct syntax is type=Laughter/Loyalty| for a Ponymon with two types. Please feel free to change the Ponymon entry pages to reflect the types listed on the Regional Ponydex page.
- Move Pages need added on the Moves page. Please look for Moves with a red name indicating that the page does not exist. Open the red link page and the Sample Move page in separate tabs or windows, and use the Sample Move page as a format template. You can copy the contents from the Sample Move page into the new one, or follow its format.
- Move Pages need updated on the Moves page. Please look through the Moves with blue names (linked). If one needs updated, open the move page and the Sample Move page in separate tabs or windows, and use the sample move page as a format template. Please make sure all linkable Items are linked. Check the Sample Move page for blue links to see where to put them.
Other help items
- If you want team status, please tell us what you can do HERE.
Do you do sprites, icons, scripting, audio (cry, background music), creature stats, move stats, or any other aspect of game design? If you feel like helping us in any way, even if it's just play testing the game, we'd appreciate it!